Hi, in a scenario where using Citrix HDX3DPRO and IGEL OS 11.5 on converted devices, what do you suggest about using MULTIPLE MONITORS and so, cpu, memory and graphic card on the device to be converted?
Hi Giacomo, which kind of content and which quality will be used on Citrix side?
HDX3DPRO, very detailed such as 3d rotations and modelling
That sounds like a question for @member or @member!
I know Fredrik has done some demos of 3d CAD programs running inside Citrix
@member as per what device to use on the endpoint, basically the generic answer would be: test!
Your endpoint needs to be able to decode at required FPS (which might be 30 or 60 etc) and you potentially want to use dual FullHD/2.5K/4K or even more monitors?
It is all depending on the endpoints GPU, but I would recommend you to spend some money also on the endpoint GPU side for a suitable user experience.
The current UD3 can do dual 4K in 30FPS (Hz) while the upcoming UD7 (www.igel.com/about-us/press-releases/igel-introduces-next-generation-high-performance-igel-ud7-endpoint/) can do dual 4K @60FPS (Hz)
so, it isn’t possible to say “go for xyz”. It all depends 🙂
this blog might give you some hints: virtualbrat.com/2021/02/09/cugse-presentation-igeloscitrixnvidiapure-power/
Thank you very much David and Fredrik!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Recommendations for multiple monitor support when using Citrix HDX3DPRO and IGEL OS 11.5 on converted devices’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS