Does anyone have recommendations for using R.S.A. tokens with Igel thin clients? I know that we can use mobile, on-demand, and hardware tokens with them. However, there is a business concern (I’m not sure that I understand exactly), in which people want to make sure that people are using only company hardware for the connection/usage process, which rules out (since the users in this case don’t have company smartphones) mobile and on-demand tokens. They also don’t want to use hardware tokens. It seems that the only option left is to use the software token on a Windows thin client (or on Linux with W.I.N.E… 🙂 ), but we’re using only Linux at the moment.
Did you had a look on the devicetrust product? devicetrust.com/igel
The need for separat tokens may disappear when looking at it, but it concerns the connectivity part to your VDI/Software virtualization. The RSA Token for a local recognization is quite difficult to implement
it sounds more like an endpoint control issue to me, so you would configure it on the gateway side if i am correct
Also, github.com/cernekee/stoken isn’t an option. 🙂
Thank you for the option, Sebastien Perusat. At the moment, it sounds like they probably won’t accept DeviceTrust (or probably any other replacement for strict two-factor authentication), though it does look interesting.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Recommendations for using RSA tokens with IGEL thin clients?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?