A customer has 11.04.100 and reports to me the following:
When a self-registered device in UMS is renamed by the UMS, errors appear on reboot and the local start menu is corrupted. I have already tried with factory reset several times. If they don’t rename the device, no problem (I leave name = ITCmac …). Now I am trying to 11.04.121 OS and let you know.
You mean the “Whisker Error”?
Yes, and after start menu does not appear and everything is hanging
Should be gone on 11.04.121
Testing; but if this is really solved, it should be included in the release notes also …
It is included in the release notes, I mean this is the issue with the hostnames or? And the fix 11.04.110 fixes this and it is written in the release notes.
Not really, it‘s part of the Ubuntu Linux Fixes, we don‘t include them per default!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Renaming Self-registered devices in IGEL UMS errrors appear on reboot and local start menu is corrupt’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS