I have a client that wants to repurpose HP laptops with IGEL OS, then have the users use them at work and at home. I am advising against , but has anyone done this before?
Hi Michael, yes. That‘s a typical use case for the UDC (Fixed conversion to Igel OS) or our UDP(ocket, Igel OS installed on it, not on the Harddrive). May I suggest to have a look on our ICG? With the help of that addon, you would be able to manage this devices in Homeoffices without a specific VPN Connection but in secured and easy way: www.igel.com/igel-cloud-gateway-icg/
is the OS or pocket encrypted
We have repurposed old hardware as IGEL devices for work at home users. Not laptops, older Dell desktops. Works perfectly.
The OS and the content are protected by our own mechanisms, if you need further informations I would ask for a short presentation by your local Igel Pre-/Sales
During COVID this was widely done and with huge success!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Repurpose HP laptops with IGEL OS, then have the users use them at work and at home’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?