Hi all, does anybody experience strange outcomes when scanning for thin clients? Could this be the “use TCP for scanning” option? I have a customer using 13 TC’s in his office. I can see them in UMS, they are all online and shadow-able. I even called the customer to verify they were all online and connected. They are! Now the funny thing, i hit the Scan button, fill in the the IP range and hit Scan. I did it multiple times in a row, each time getting different results. UMS found 11 – 12 – 7 – 9 -13 – 16 – 16 – 11 – 10 – 8 … this is without the TCP option … with the option enabled i consequently get 16 TC’s 🙂 i’ve probably hidden 3 under a desk somewhere but i cant remember 🙂
Are you scanning the whole subnet or just some of it?
What version of UMS?
i’m currently using UMS 5.08.100 and i was being thorough scanning the full IP range x.x.x.0 – x.x.x.255
There is a slightly newer version of the console (5.08.120) but there is no indication that this version will resolve that issue.
@member try to increase this value:
Thanks for you input guys! I upped the timeout with 10x the default value and now it seems i get consistent results. Scanned 5 times, finding 9 clients each time.. still not the result i was expecting but at least its consistent 🙂 I’ll try to up the timeout even further see what happens.
Scanning with 120000ms, the results again gets erratic. I found 11 – 9 – 9. Still haven’t found 13.
It seems the option “Use TCP for scanning” is needed to get good results. At least in our environment. I will see if the UMS version changes anything about this. Thanks for your suggestions guys!
might be some broadcast filtering on your switches causing this
Can you tell us a little bit more about the network? What is between the UMS Server and the clients?
I’ve always ticked use TCP for scanning and never had a problem (I generally like to know my packets got there instead of shouting into an abyss 🙂 )
You’ve got a good point there Steve. I’m not much of a shouter myself 🙂
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”