Dear IGEL Community,
thanks to our Product Security Manager, I’m allowed to share an important SECURITY Information with you:
A security issue rated critical has been found in IGEL OS 10 and 11 (ISN-2021-01: kb.igel.com/securitysafety/en/isn-2021-01-igel-os-remote-command-execution-vulnerability-41449239.html ). Even exploit code has already been published by the researchers that found this, as a Metasploit module.
It is highly recommended that customers update all their devices running IGEL OS soon.
Could you please remind your customers / or yourself of this? Next week, we will also send out a Technical Newsletter to customers about this.
• If they run IGEL OS 11.04.100 or newer: Update to version 11.04.270, 11.05.100 or newer (available now: 11.05.120).
• If they run the IGEL OS 11.03.* branch: Update to version 11.03.620 (available next week).
• If they run IGEL OS 10: Update to version 10.06.220 (available now).
Is there some sort of email communication to subscribe to alerts like this?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Security issue rated critical has been found in IGEL OS 10 and 11 (ISN-2021-01)’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?