Dear IGEL Community,
thanks to our Product Security Manager, I’m allowed to share an important SECURITY Information with you:
A security issue rated critical has been found in IGEL OS 10 and 11 (ISN-2021-01: kb.igel.com/securitysafety/en/isn-2021-01-igel-os-remote-command-execution-vulnerability-41449239.html ). Even exploit code has already been published by the researchers that found this, as a Metasploit module.
It is highly recommended that customers update all their devices running IGEL OS soon.
Could you please remind your customers / or yourself of this? Next week, we will also send out a Technical Newsletter to customers about this.
• If they run IGEL OS 11.04.100 or newer: Update to version 11.04.270, 11.05.100 or newer (available now: 11.05.120).
• If they run the IGEL OS 11.03.* branch: Update to version 11.03.620 (available next week).
• If they run IGEL OS 10: Update to version 10.06.220 (available now).
Is there some sort of email communication to subscribe to alerts like this?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Security issue rated critical has been found in IGEL OS 10 and 11 (ISN-2021-01)’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS