We have setup UMS version 5. From the manual, it said that “Set a DNS entry igelrmserver (Record Type A) or a DHCP option (224).” How about FQDN? Should we skip the FQDN?
@member I do both types… dhcp and dns entry
my question is: how to handle fqdn/enterprise domain name?
DNS suffix Will just be added to it
So example server.whatever.local . igelrmserver.whatever.local as long as it is a A record within your DNS search suffix it Will work. Dont create it as a cname/alias.
So do a nslookup, set type=any , igelrmserver and post the result here.
> set type=any
IGELRMSERVER LOOKUP RESOLVES TO A Record:
SERVERNAME LOOKUP RESOLVES TO CNAME:
I’m not sure that I’m remembering correctly, because this was a couple years ago, but I think that in my case, the thin clients were not getting the D.N.S. suffix search list, so we included the domain name in the D.H.C.P. option 224. (using the F.Q.D.N.).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Set a DNS entry igelrmserver (Record Type A) or a DHCP option (224) – How about FQDN?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?