We have setup UMS version 5. From the manual, it said that “Set a DNS entry igelrmserver (Record Type A) or a DHCP option (224).” How about FQDN? Should we skip the FQDN?
@member I do both types… dhcp and dns entry
my question is: how to handle fqdn/enterprise domain name?
DNS suffix Will just be added to it
So example server.whatever.local . igelrmserver.whatever.local as long as it is a A record within your DNS search suffix it Will work. Dont create it as a cname/alias.
So do a nslookup, set type=any , igelrmserver and post the result here.
> set type=any
IGELRMSERVER LOOKUP RESOLVES TO A Record:
SERVERNAME LOOKUP RESOLVES TO CNAME:
I’m not sure that I’m remembering correctly, because this was a couple years ago, but I think that in my case, the thin clients were not getting the D.N.S. suffix search list, so we included the domain name in the D.H.C.P. option 224. (using the F.Q.D.N.).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Set a DNS entry igelrmserver (Record Type A) or a DHCP option (224) – How about FQDN?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?