Firefox and Application Password – Two questions.
1) Has anyone had any experience setting a static domain username and password for Firefox to access a single application through a UMS profile? In UMS profile I would like to enter the creds so they never have to be entered in on the device itself. And
2) If we enter the creds in locally on the device Firefox will remember the PW, however we have to hit “OK” every time we launch the app/URL.
We would like to keep it from a user always have to hit “OK” to access the app. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
Just a few thoughts, not tested just brainstorming 😄on both sides:
I would try first every step you described, on a OS where you are familiar.
on 1) support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1189644 would copy and use a saved Password DB.
on 2) using an an dev / automation toolset to record steps, in order to create an automation (a.e. addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/imacros-for-firefox/).
If the test is succesfull you could transfer the required Password DBs to the endpoints (by using kb.igel.com/igelos-10.05.500/en/uploading-the-files-to-ums-8620457.html
and on extensions:
Sebastien, thank you so much for the information. I will dig into all of this and give it a couple of different shots but you certainly gave me some food for thought and testing. Thanks again.
Kolja, thank you as well. This is all VERY helpful information. I will keep you posted on our results. Thank you again.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Setting a static domain username and password for Firefox to access a single application through a UMS profile?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”