I have UMS at the latest version, I have ICG at the latest version. I am trying to shadow an iGEL via ICG. I send the shadow request. The iGEL gets the shadow request and the end user accepts the request. UMS receives an error. VNC Desktop 192.168.1.180:0 Error: Connection was closed by VNC server.
Are you using the ums console from the ums server itself or from a different machine ? what’s the IGEL OS firmware ? Are you trying to use shadow or secure-shadow ?
From the UMS console on the UMS Server
how does one setup secure shadow
Here is what I have configured
Which IGEL OS version ? are your devices correctly licensed ?
the IGEL OS is on 11.03.580.01 and I am using the Enterprise Management Pack license
which ports need to be open on the firewall for secure shadow
the required ports are listed on kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.05/en/ums-and-devices-secure-shadowing-31600753.html
Thanks Ruiny, Even through we have ICG setup and Port 8443 (which should be the only port we need open), We are seeing port 30005 being blocked.
Can you do everything else with your ICG connected devices, send profiles/reboot/send a file/etc ? Also just in case, check the time on the end user device & ICG, make sure it’s right.
Did you use the external & internal IP’s when creating your ICG cert or only the public IP ?
Yes, I can reboot, push configurations, send files, Push firmware updates, etc.
for the cert, I used the Public IP
for host (External) and internal IP for Host
Just to test, if your UMS can reach the external IP try reinstalling the ICG with a certificate only containing the public IP
I can shadow the iGEL connected via ICG using the new UMS Web App. I just not able to shadow the iGEL via UMS Console on the UMS Server.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”