What is the simplest way to create an image of the thinclient that is currently registered? Is there a way to do this and deploy this image on another thinclient?
You mean on Linux? Well, I hope that you are using a UMS, right? Then you shoudln’t thing about images but more creating profiles. Or did I got you wrong?
Just in case you are starting your Igel experience: here is a step by step guide how to setup our management suite and the config.
If you want to upload a locally made config as Profile:
You need to right click the device and select Export device settings + Create archive. Then, in the UMS, click System > Import > Devices as Profiles and import the device file. You should now have all of the local device settings inside a new profile.
Yes i am using UMS, i thought there was a way to make a specific image but i guess this is the only way.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘simplest way to create an image of the IGEL OS thinclient that is currently registered? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS