Has anyone seen the following behavior on IGEL OS v11 devices? When we perform a SPEEDTEST on an IGEL OS v11 device the results are 1/2 of performance that is on a normal PC using the same network cable?
Not directly, which kind of device? What is shown when you open the Network Info in the taskbar left of the clock? Does it correspond to your network speed?
We see this behavior on the IGEL Thin Clients M250C. I’m currently checking to see if we have this behavior on re-purpose PCs (like Lenovo). The “Local Networ Connection” Speed = 100 Mb/s, Carrier = Yes; Device Name = eth0(r8169). No we do appear to be getting close to 100 Mb/s.
Are you expecting gigabit instead of 100mbps? under Network > LAN Interfaces > Interface 1, any luck setting the network link type manually?
No we weren’t expecting gigabit instead of 100 Mb/s speed. We were expecting 100 Mb/s and got 50 Mb/s. New information, we just retested and now the IGEL OS device SPEEDTEST & the laptop device using the same internet connection both tested about the same. I can’t explain the difference.
I’m referring to the speed of the link – gigabit should be the norm nowadays 🙂 how are you performing a speed test? If it’s an online speed test, you’re not going to hit 100Mb/s with a link speed of 100Mb/s due to ethernet overhead
We are using SPEEDTEST and pointing to a Server that in the same town hosting our Citrix environment. I know we will not hit the 100Mb/s, but the fact that the IGEL OS device was half of the what it was for the laptop. This difference was the problem.
Also thanks for all the good information and assistance 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘SPEEDTEST on an IGEL OS v11 device the results are 1/2 of performance that is on a normal PC using the same network cable?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?