Lets talk about touchpads on Latitude E55xx series laptops. Anyone else experiencing lots of pain with these due to over sensitivity and strange dropdown menu/right click contextual menu behavior?
I have a latitude, not sure on the model, that I was testing with last week that was pretty touchy. Most of our staff that use them on a regular basis are using an external keyboard and mouse, so haven’t have any complaints about them.
Yeah. We are divided. Half of our Latitude users work in nursing carts with tethered mice and keyboards so they arent an issue. The other half however, tote the device around and use as is with no tethered peripherals so for them its really bad.
We had the same issue. We IGELed about 120 Dell Latitude 3390s and had major complaints of the mouse jumping all over the place due to the sensitivity of the touch pad. We created a profile that sets a custom configuration for the touchpad.
We have the same problems on an HP mt21 and mt44. I think it’s a driver/OS issue bc we didn’t have the same problems when they were running Windows 10 IOT
I semi “fixed” the sensitivity issue by disabling the trackpad while typing using a script. This hasn’t addressed the left click/context menu issue yet but I am starting to think this might be an application at fault and not the IGEL OS.
We fixed this by telling it to use another driver. Give that a shot. For what it’s worth we found that by imaging one of the Dells with Ubuntu and looking at the drivers. Weren’t the same, swapped them. Works well and don’t get any complaints any longer. I believe it is working on the HP MT models too as we didn’t hear any complaints. What Stephanie said above is funny, our problem list had it named “jumpy mouse issue” haha. Hope this helps.
We put that command at Custom Command – Base – Initialization
Thanks for this! I will definitely give this a go.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Strange dropdown menu/right click contextual menu behavior? with Dell Latitude E55xx series laptops running IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”