What are some suggestions to get a longer battery life with the IGEL OS? I suspect my configuration is playing a role since I get about the same battery life (approx 4 hours) across different types of endpoints. Where would you start to troubleshoot this issue?
You could check System > Power options. Screen brightness can affect the battery life quite a lot, and the C.P.U. speed might be related.
I would start here:
Sometimes, Power Plans are also used in Bios.
On a side note, I get about 8 hours of battery life on an H.P. MT45.
@member what power options are you using with your configuration?
The `CPU Power Plan` was set to `Balanced (recommended)`. I just changed the setting to `Power Saver` and noticed +100% improvement.
I didn’t change any of the power settings — except changing the brightness, which has the greatest effect in personal experience on personal laptops. 🙂 I also tweaked the gamma a bit to make it easier on my eyes (slightly more red and less blue).
It’s weird, but now that you mentioned that, I noticed today that I heard my laptop’s fan running, which is very unusual for a thin client (when it’s not offloading, et cetera). Wfica_orig is using 100% (of one core/thread), and it’s definitely reducing the battery life. It just wanted to mention it… I haven’t troubleshot it much yet, so I’m just mentioning it.
Just in case anyone is interested, I was going to reboot my virtual machine (I had already reconnect and rebooted my thin client), so I closed all my programs… once they were all closed (but I was still connected), C.P.U. usage was normal, and it still is. I’ve been reopening things and watching the C.P.U. usage, and it’s been OK so far, and it says that I have 6 hours of battery left (I’ve been using it for a couple hours).
Thanks for the clarification. That’s good to know. I really only set the timeout settings prior to changing the CPU Power Plan. The battery life has been great since making the change.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Suggestions to get a longer battery life with the IGEL OS? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?