Hi all, thought I would share a quick tip with you today 🙂
It might happen, due to a server crash, power cut, etc., that your UMS Server stopped unexpectedly and the database was corrupted. The UMS displays an error on startup and fails to load the database
… and NO-ONE set up a UMS backup!!!
Before sharing your woes with the Community and getting lots of smarmy “_serves you right_” comments, here is something you can try.
1. Open services.msc and stop the IGELRMGUISERVER service
2. Make a copy of the `C:Program Files (x86)IGELRemoteManagerdbrmdb` folder _(just in case)_
3. Go to `C:Program Files (x86)IGELRemoteManagerdbrmdblog` and delete any .dat files
4. Restart the IGELRMGUISERVER service
5. Open the UMS Console and see if it connects to the database again
If you’re in luck, the UMS will start up again successfully! 😅
_DISCLAIMER: Try the above steps at your own risk! Depending on the nature of the DB data that gets dropped, some changes in your UMS may have been lost._
and now, SET UP A SCHEDULED BACKUP!
(go to UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Administrative Tasks and add a Backup task here. You’ll thank me later 😉)
i would rather place the disclaimer at top 😜
And if you’re reading this right now, it’s a good time to go ahead and start backing up that UMS DB anyway… 😀
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Tip: due to a server crash, power cut, etc., that your UMS Server stopped unexpectedly and the database was corrupted…’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?