Hi all, thought I would share a quick tip with you today 🙂
It might happen, due to a server crash, power cut, etc., that your UMS Server stopped unexpectedly and the database was corrupted. The UMS displays an error on startup and fails to load the database
… and NO-ONE set up a UMS backup!!!
Before sharing your woes with the Community and getting lots of smarmy “_serves you right_” comments, here is something you can try.
1. Open services.msc and stop the IGELRMGUISERVER service
2. Make a copy of the `C:Program Files (x86)IGELRemoteManagerdbrmdb` folder _(just in case)_
3. Go to `C:Program Files (x86)IGELRemoteManagerdbrmdblog` and delete any .dat files
4. Restart the IGELRMGUISERVER service
5. Open the UMS Console and see if it connects to the database again
If you’re in luck, the UMS will start up again successfully! 😅
_DISCLAIMER: Try the above steps at your own risk! Depending on the nature of the DB data that gets dropped, some changes in your UMS may have been lost._
and now, SET UP A SCHEDULED BACKUP!
(go to UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Administrative Tasks and add a Backup task here. You’ll thank me later 😉)
i would rather place the disclaimer at top 😜
And if you’re reading this right now, it’s a good time to go ahead and start backing up that UMS DB anyway… 😀
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Tip: due to a server crash, power cut, etc., that your UMS Server stopped unexpectedly and the database was corrupted…’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?