A notebook, listed in the IGEL Ready list, makes the first boot after installation via USB key (OSC), but when restarting it no longer boots.
Here are the data of the Notebook:
• Notebook: Toshiba Dynabook Satellite PRO L50-G-15T
• Disk: Samsung MZVLQ512HALU-00000
• OS: IGEL OS 11.05.133
System Bios version: 1.70
EC version: 1.05
Can you boot verbose and see what is going on?
Here is note on items to look at / for:
and… just in case… could you check if Secure boot is enabled or another USB Device was connected when converting (assuming it could be installed there and not on the SSD).
Maybe it could be done !!
The problem is that the notebook is as if it no longer finds the boot sector of the disk: it displays the message “Missing boot device” and tries to boot via PXE. Yet the first boot after the installation of IgelOS 11 does it
news. Customer try to install the version of Ubunt on the same device and has the same problem. Is something in the bios or in the hard disk, but what?
other news. customer updated the BIOS and now everything works fine!
Okay… great news…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Toshiba Dynabook Satellite PRO stoppped booting after installing IGEL OS via USB key (OSC)’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”