Scanner redirection issue. We are upgrading from XenApp to XenDesktop (from windows 2012 to windows 10 (1909) ) Endpoints are Igels with version 10.6.130 and 10.6.190 and windows devices. There are few scanners (Cannon 225 and some Fujitsu) that are giving me trouble.
Scanner redirection on Xenapp works fine from Windows and Igel endpoints to Scanner redirection on XenDesktop works fine on Windows endpoint – but not on Igel
Igel – Xenapp = works fine
Windows – Xenapp = works fine
Windwos – Xendesktop = works fine
Igel – XenDesktop = no redirection
Did someone had such issue? ware you able to fix it ?
Twain isn‘t a Linux compatible way of access but a kind of pure Microsoft ones, so we can‘t force an integration even if I would be happy to😄
At the moment: USB Scanner is a tough topic…
They are a few ways to get it working, but there is no guarantee unfortunately:
1) use the USB Redirection to get it redirected into the Terminalserver, and install it there:
2) use the sane integration if supported by Scanner and map the scan directory into the session: (System=>Firmware Customization=>Features=>Sane support) and use linux.die.net/man/7/sane
3) Use USB<=>Lan Server: www.silextechnology.com/de/konnektivitätslösungen/geräte-konnektivität
4) use the Fabulatech Scanner Redirection (means a separate license to be bought @Fabulatech).
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix Optimized Teams user’s call crash when attempting to share screen on IGEL OS
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS