Just getting around to kicking the tires on OS11 – attempting to use UDC to install on an old Dell Optiplex 780. When doing a verbose installation, it hangs at “unable to identify CD-ROM format, Harddisk” and cycles indefinitely. Has anyone seen this?
Please have a look on this thread, I would assume your ISB Stick creation went wrong somewhere…
Thanks – that was it. I used Rufus with DD mode to create the USB stick. The preparestick tool did not seem to create a valid USB boot device.
Prepare stick works well on a very vanilla Windows install. There are a lot of AV and USB security products that don’t play nice with it though. As a bonus, Rufus and DD on Linux both seem to write the image much faster anyways!
Yeah – just for kicks I took a Windows 7 ISO, put it on a spare desktop, and preparestick worked without issue. So there is either something in the Windows Updates, or our AV solution that interferes with the preparestick tool.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Trying to install IGEL OS 11 via UDC to on Dell Optiplex 780 it hangs at “unable to identify CD-ROM format, Harddisk” and cycles indefinitely’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”