TWAIN Scan with Citrix.
We have the need to user Document Scanner with an IGEL UD2 on IGEL 11 on an Citrix Windows Terminalserver. The scanner is connected with USB to the IGEL and needs to be connected over twain to the TS. But that is not working, i cant see the scanner. Has some got this working? With Windows and the same Citrix its working without any Issues.
Twain isn‘t a Linux compatible way of access but a kind of pure Microsoft ones, so we can‘t force an integration even if I would be happy to😄
At the moment: USB Scanner is a tough topic…
They are a few ways to get it working, but there is no guarantee unfortunately:
1) use the USB Redirection to get it redirected into the Terminalserver, and install it there:
2) use the sane integration if supported by Scanner and map the scan directory into the session: (System=>Firmware Customization=>Features=>Sane support) and use linux.die.net/man/7/sane
3) Use USB<=>Lan Server: www.silextechnology.com/de/konnektivitätslösungen/geräte-konnektivität
Great ideas there Seb 🙂 I like the sound of option 2 personally
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS