TWAIN Scan with Citrix.
We have the need to user Document Scanner with an IGEL UD2 on IGEL 11 on an Citrix Windows Terminalserver. The scanner is connected with USB to the IGEL and needs to be connected over twain to the TS. But that is not working, i cant see the scanner. Has some got this working? With Windows and the same Citrix its working without any Issues.
Twain isn‘t a Linux compatible way of access but a kind of pure Microsoft ones, so we can‘t force an integration even if I would be happy to😄
At the moment: USB Scanner is a tough topic…
They are a few ways to get it working, but there is no guarantee unfortunately:
1) use the USB Redirection to get it redirected into the Terminalserver, and install it there:
2) use the sane integration if supported by Scanner and map the scan directory into the session: (System=>Firmware Customization=>Features=>Sane support) and use linux.die.net/man/7/sane
3) Use USB<=>Lan Server: www.silextechnology.com/de/konnektivitätslösungen/geräte-konnektivität
Great ideas there Seb 🙂 I like the sound of option 2 personally
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?