Hey awesome people! I’ve currently got a server running UMS and got a notification yesterday it’s running out of storage. I noticed that the fold er C:Program Files (x86)IGELRemoteManagerrmguiserverwebappsums_filetransfer takes 26Gigs of storage.
I’ve run the unused firmware command to clean up a little bit, but it didn’t affect this folder. is this a folder that’s used for anything other than cache? Can I purge it or is it catalogued in the database?
Hey awesome Egil!! Basically, this folder is a Webresource where your devices are downloading „things“ from. Mainly Firmware Updates, Background/Bootsplash pictures, custom partitions and Certificates.
So, I would check which firmwares (you need for Updates) you are really using, delete the others in your UMS under Universal Firmware Update, then, empty the Recycle Bin!
That should be enough on FWU.
On other files, please check briefly through the filesystem folder if they are big files, and check if they are needed.
Btw. Removing unused firmwares only deletes them from the DB not the filesystem (it‘s misleading, I know…).
Thanks for the reply! This helped
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘UMS is running out to disk space, can I purge the ums_filetransfer folder?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR