Hey awesome people! I’ve currently got a server running UMS and got a notification yesterday it’s running out of storage. I noticed that the fold er C:Program Files (x86)IGELRemoteManagerrmguiserverwebappsums_filetransfer takes 26Gigs of storage.
I’ve run the unused firmware command to clean up a little bit, but it didn’t affect this folder. is this a folder that’s used for anything other than cache? Can I purge it or is it catalogued in the database?
Hey awesome Egil!! Basically, this folder is a Webresource where your devices are downloading „things“ from. Mainly Firmware Updates, Background/Bootsplash pictures, custom partitions and Certificates.
So, I would check which firmwares (you need for Updates) you are really using, delete the others in your UMS under Universal Firmware Update, then, empty the Recycle Bin!
That should be enough on FWU.
On other files, please check briefly through the filesystem folder if they are big files, and check if they are needed.
Btw. Removing unused firmwares only deletes them from the DB not the filesystem (it‘s misleading, I know…).
Thanks for the reply! This helped
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘UMS is running out to disk space, can I purge the ums_filetransfer folder?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?