Hi IGEL Community,
I’m trying to deploy IGEL Desktop OS3 10.06.130 on our thin client which are connected through Wi-Fi.
Somehow i’m unable to install this firmware remotely, are the ports changes for this specific firmware?
Other firmware versions are working flawless.
Our Wi-Fi connection has all ports disabled except the ones we needed for IGEL related purposes.
Current IGEL version = 10.05.120.01
Current UMS version = 6.02.110
I think you have to find your solution in the WiFi firewall / port settings. Can you share which ports are open?
Can you try to delete the firmware from Universal Firmware Update, Empty the Recycle Bin, Redownload it? I would suspect a corrupt file… Can you provide a screenshot of the error when clicking on Details?
Apparently we have never done firmware upgrades while connected to our Wi-Fi network.
We haven’t setup FTP for our firmware updates so does anyone know which port is being triggered for filetransfer?
Or should we implement FTP?
No, it‘s not mandatory! Https (8443) is pretty straight forward on normal Endpoint amount.
Great thanks, i will implement a change to open up port 8443 for our wireless network. Thanks guys!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Unable to deploy IGEL Desktop OS 10.06.130 on our thin clients over Wi-Fi’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?