Hi IGEL Community,
I’m trying to deploy IGEL Desktop OS3 10.06.130 on our thin client which are connected through Wi-Fi.
Somehow i’m unable to install this firmware remotely, are the ports changes for this specific firmware?
Other firmware versions are working flawless.
Our Wi-Fi connection has all ports disabled except the ones we needed for IGEL related purposes.
Current IGEL version = 10.05.120.01
Current UMS version = 6.02.110
I think you have to find your solution in the WiFi firewall / port settings. Can you share which ports are open?
Can you try to delete the firmware from Universal Firmware Update, Empty the Recycle Bin, Redownload it? I would suspect a corrupt file… Can you provide a screenshot of the error when clicking on Details?
Apparently we have never done firmware upgrades while connected to our Wi-Fi network.
We haven’t setup FTP for our firmware updates so does anyone know which port is being triggered for filetransfer?
Or should we implement FTP?
No, it‘s not mandatory! Https (8443) is pretty straight forward on normal Endpoint amount.
Great thanks, i will implement a change to open up port 8443 for our wireless network. Thanks guys!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Unable to deploy IGEL Desktop OS 10.06.130 on our thin clients over Wi-Fi’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS