Hi! I recently upgraded to to 11.04.270 and have been able to get most webcam optimizations working except for HDX Webcam. When I start the application in Chrome 32-bit it prompts me to allow the webcam since it detects it and then the video comes in with only one frame. So it’s almost like a regular camera that it takes a still picture. 😄
I added BCR and followed the instructions from the latest guide by @member, thanks again for great details but the redirection only displays a white screen.
Hi, which Website are you using forthe Webcam test?
you installed the BCR plugin?
Yes, I installed the BCR plugin for Chrome. I have 3 sites to test, onlinemictest.com onlinemictest.com and the vendor specific ones have a pre-call diag page where you can test the setup
• Webcam redirection works with and without RTME.
• Webcam redirection works for 32-bit applications. For example, Skype, GoToMeeting. Use a 32-bit browser to verify webcam redirection online. For example, www.webcamtests.com www.webcamtests.com
• Webcam usage is exclusive to applications. For example, when Skype is running with a webcam and you launch GoToMeeting, exit Skype to use the webcam with GoToMeeting.
Supported video conferencing applications
• Adobe Connect
• Cisco Webex and Webex for Teams
• Google Hangouts and Hangouts Meet
• IBM Sametime
• Microsoft Skype for Business 2015
• Microsoft Lync 2010 and 2013
• Microsoft Skype 7 or higher
• Media Foundation-based video applications on Windows 8.x or higher and Windows Server 2012 R2 and higher
If USB redirection is enabled, please create a rule that forbids the forwarding of the webcam via USB redirection.
I also recommend this great article about WebCams on Citrix: support.citrix.com/article/CTX132764
Thank you Lars! I had a question on the specific usecfbrowser, do I need to have the chromium broswe app push to the thin client as well?
You can use on of the three supported browsers: Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer 11 and Chromium, like written here: docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops-service/multimedia/browser-content-redirection.html
You dont need to install the Browser on the ThinClient – you can work with the CWA
Ok, thanks! From the list of supported application I didn’t see Chrome but is it supported with HDX Webcam redirection or should I switch to native USB support?
It is supported – its on the list in Citrix
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Unable to get HDX Webcam working on IGEL 11.04.270’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?