Unofficial news: From March 31st 2020, IGEL Windows 10 IoT will be EOL.
(EOL at IGEL means end of sales; Software Maintenance will continue until 1st April 2023.)
Product Marketing is working on a migration offering.
Devices will still be sold as long as stock is available. As with IGEL Linux 10, even if you buy the product after the EOL date, the support will end 3 years after EOL all the same.
What does this mean for UMA? Also does the current UMA support Windows 2019 LTSC. I am doing testing on a competitor hardware and would be curious to know
Hi @member, that’s a good question and I don’t know right now. UMA is licensed under EMP at the moment so technically it’s still available, I think. I can find out for you if it’s important.
UMA Manual (kb.igel.com/uma-2.03/en/prerequisites-2721622.html) states that supported Windows versions include:
All commercial Windows 10 versions except Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 IoT Core
I just tried UMA 3.0 on Windows 10 2019 LTSC. Maybe my profile is off, but not all settings from profile apply, i.e not showing apps in the start menu, and also seeing session defined in a prior profile. I am going to test lower Windows 10 version and report back.
Seems to work properly on Win IOT 2016
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Unofficial news: From March 31st 2020, IGEL Windows 10 IoT will be EOL’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS