I updated a bunch of clients from 11.1.100 to 11.3.530 and now all the keyboard inputs are screwed up. They are logging into horizon and when they type numbers, they get the corresponding symbols. And caps lock/num lock dont seem to be functioning normally. I rolled one back to 11.3.500 and its still having issues
The Horizon client version seems to make the difference.
In the initial OS11 11.01.100 its Horizon client 4.10.
In the 11.03.530 and 11.03.500 its Horizon 5.3.
In the 5.3 version the lock modifier keys are not synchorized with the local OS (=IGEL OS). It seems to start always with CAPS lock and num lock off in the remote session.
Only with client versions 5.4.x you’ll have the possibility to make it synchronize with the underlying OS.
As it so turned out, Horizon Client 5.4.1 is shipped with todays’ IGEL OS 11.03.570 release.
You can change the Lock modifier synchronization at runtime in the Clients UI as soon you have connected to the Remote Host ( but not started the session) in the settings context menu.
Unfortunately it’s not yet added to the IGEL OS settings for Horizon, yet.
so 11.3.570 has somewhat of a fix?
Well, it’s what VMware has released.
I propose to try the 570 release and switch on lock modifier sync. If this works, I can give you a custom cmd to make the sync permanent.
And for the next OS versions we’ll add the switch to the IGEL registry.
where can I get the 570 release?
And here’s the workaround to make the lock modifier sync permanent in 11.03.570:
Copy the the following to
_System > Firmware Customization > Custom Commands > Base > Initialization_
`cp -v /services/vvdm/bin/mandconf /services/vvdm/bin/mandconf_`
`cat > /services/vvdm/bin/mandconf <<“EOF”`
`echo “view.enableSyncNumlock = ‘TRUE'” >> /etc/vmware/view-mandatory-config`
thank you, I will give this a try
Hint1: If you transfer this settings at system boot, they will only take effect after the next reboot.
Hint2: Don’t do like I did at first and check the modifier behavior of Horizon through vnc (=shadowing), because it modifies the modifier so to say. You need to physically check on the endpoint.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Updated to IGEL OS 11.3.530 and now when users type numbers, they get the corresponding symbols. And caps lock/num lock dont seem to be functioning normall’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?