I’m trying to test USB CD-ROM redirection in Citrix, but the first step is to confirm that I can actually access the contents locally. I see the device in System Information, but it doesn’t appear to mount even though I believe I have the correct options set. Am I missing something obvious?
Let me ask first which kind of drive (Builtin SATA / USB) and which kind of CD/DVD is inserted? And which Firmware of course 😄
Looks like a Lite-On DVD Writer Slimtype eSAU108
And now the Disk Utility app is throwing this:
It’s an external one, right? are you using USB Access control?
Yep, USB based external DVD writer. I’ve tried with USB Access Control enabled and left with the defaults.
And FWIW, I followed this article to try and browse to that mounting point: kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.500/en/adding-an-icon-for-browsing-removable-storage-27246193.html
I would disable USB Access control first, change the number of drives to 3 , then reboot, insert a CD with data on, and retest.
I’ll give that a shot again. Right now, with access control enabled and defaulted to Allow, it doesn’t look like it mounts.
I don’t suppose there’s a linux command to automount the usb drive?
Had a different CD inserted, and now it’s mounting fine. So this must have been because of a bad CD.
lol, okay, what controls the drive being removed when you launch a Citrix connection? I already enabled the ICA options, and allowed all USB devices in the Citrix session policy.
Maybe a Native USB Redirection rule?
Yes,,, please set the default rule to deny…
My USB redirection policy in Citrix is allowing all redirection – drives, optical, etc.
And that was it. Why set it to deny?
If you want to redirect a device through USB Redirection, Mapping will not work in parallel. They are different ways for accessing the devices. USB Sticks / Drives should (in general) get mapped not redirected.
Gotcha. That explains why it shows up as an actual drive.
As usual, thanks @member – much appreciated!
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS