I have a problem with USB devices.
I want to be able to use the USB Philips Device “Footcontroller”, and for that a Profile was created (not by me).
It works, but a side-effect is, that, every time we restart/shut down the IGEL we have to remove and reinsert the normal USB connector for our mouse and keyboard as well, which is very unpleasant (I tried out more USB ports and that didn’t change anything).
Without the Profile it doesn’t need to be reconnected.
I tried to play around with the settings just a little bit, but sadly I did not find anything that would make sense to me of controlling that (and it’s pretty time consuming to test around and having to restart the IGEL all the time) – maybe someone here knows an answer to the problem?
Hi, which Terminalserver Architecture are you using: Citrix, RDS, Horizon? and which Firmware?
We’re using Horizon, and the FW is 11.04.100.01.
The problem is it also happened in previous versions. And on 11.03.530 we had a problem that the mouse could get stuck at the top of the screen.
Just in case does it work if you disable the Native USB Redirection:
(on 11.03.530 the USB reconnect-problem isn’t there, but the mouse can be stuck, so it can’t stay that way; and it would be best to use newer versions anyway)
Whoops, your message didn’t load until I posted my previous one. I’ll try disabling it and report back, thanks.
I turned Native USB Redirection off, but the problem still existed.
If I turn off “USB Redirection” from Sessions > Horizon Client > Horizon Client Global, the problem was also still there.
But if I turn both off, then the problem is gone.
BUT… then it also won’t recognize the USB Philips Device Foot Controller…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘USB Philips Device “Footcontroller” works but on restart/shut down the IGEL we have to remove and reinsert the normal USB connector for our mouse and keyboard as well?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”