I have a user that is continually locking themselves out when logging into a thin client/Shared Workspace. I can shadow the thin client and log in as myself without issue. While it would be easy to say it’s just the user who can’t type, what else could this be? They are currently working off of a laptop without issue, which requires the same username/password to authenticate into our citrix environment.
There was something about this a while back in the community. Are you running Server 2008 or Domain level 2008 by chance?
UMS is 2012 R2. For domain, i’m guessing you mean our DC’s?
DC’s are 2016
That’s the one @member. Is the domain level also 2016 @member?
Our domain functional level is 2016. The forest level is 2012.
OK, so probably not that then.
Maybe try having the user change their password and see if they can then log in?
I could try that. The user is able to login elsewhere (laptop direct to citrix) though. They appear to lock on the first attempt at the thin client/ums.
@member can you SSH the device?
enable debug mode: auth.login.krb5_debug
check the /var/log/krb5.log or dmesg | grep krb5
Change in PW worked. Not sure what it was previously
so, if changing the password “fixed” the issue, it sounds to me like maybe a keyboard issue on the device. Like maybe it is doing the wrong character or maybe not working.
Could always have them “reset” it back to the original and see if it breaks
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Users continually locking themselves out when logging into a IGEL OS thin client/Shared Workspace’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS