So i am having issues trying to get real VNC viewer to connect to the IGEL devices. I have it configured in the UMS to allow connections, but when i try and use real vnc viewer with ip:0 it just never connects. I don’t get a timeout or any prompts it just never shows the screen. igel is running 11.04 os any ideas
Have you enabled it on endpoint?
System > Remote Access > Shadow > Allow remote shadowing
Yes in the UMS i have a profile that enables shadowing in encrypted mode.
So you have IGEL built in VNC Shadowing working and now want to allow real vnc to also connect?
I thought the built in VNC server allowed connections for outside VNC viewers. Do i have to license the IGELS seperately if i want to access them with an outside VNC viewer.
It does… See video…
Ok that helped it seems when secure mode is enabled we are having an issue. Once i turned that off it works fine.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘VNC viewer issues connecting to IGEL devices, never shows the screen’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?