Question: We have some HP thin clients the hard drives are failing on. Could we install iGel OS 10 to a flash drive as a temporary fix?
Could use the UD Pocket?
Yeah, we have considered that but we already have the license for that thin client so wondering if we can just use a flash drive in place of the hard drive.
never tried sorry
You mean a USB stick I suppose?
That should work fine, never tested it with UDC3 but Did it quite often with the previous version
I see No reason why it Shouldn’t work anymore
But take in mind the USB port might limit performace/speed and that the licence is bound to the mac adress
So you cannot move the stick to another device because then it stops working
You could replace the faild hard drives with some sort of SATA DOM. Those modules are available for reasonable prices.
Works like a charm! UDP is more flexible, but in your case: connect the OS Creator Stick AND a second Storage with at least 4GB and during the installation wizard, select the stick.
Yup, We were getting mixed results. Found you need more than 2 gb of RAM on them. So we may need to make the USB on another device then plug it into the final device.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘We have HP thin clients with failing hard drives, Could we install IGEL OS 10 to a flash drive as a temporary fix?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?