Morning all. I am experiencing a challenge with capturing audio with a webcam integrated microphone. The device appears in Sound Preferences, and it isn’t muted, but when I attempt to test this (using arecord -D hw:1,0 -d 10 /tmp/test-mic.wav), the wave file is empty. When I attempt to do a test call from Teams (either local custom partition or through Citrix), the device appears, but it is not capturing sound. Has anyone come across this? I am using an Adesso Cybertrack H4 camera, connected via USB (I have tried different ports on the machine as well as through a USB hub), endpoint firmware is 11.04.270 (was also happening on .240).
Hello Shane, which kind of Endpoint are you using?
I am using a UD Pocket connected to an HP z800 workstation.
and Hello Sebastien!
Would you mind to test another Firmware? Will send you a PM.
@member no change with the new firmware…
Sorry to hear that… Did you had the chance any kind of other microphones? Did they work?
Do you have USB Access Control ON?
USB access control is off, and my logitech headset (USB connection) works fine…
Should I just put in a ticket on this one?
Yes, please. Would you mind to keep us in the loop?
Thanks for your time!
@member – Don’t know what changed, but this automagically just started working for me. I have been ‘fighting’ with this for the last 3 days, and now this morning is suddenly working. Thanks for your time Sebastien.
Wow, glad that it worked even if we don’t know how 😛
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Webcam integrated microphone is not capturing audio on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?