We have a problem where the webcam only shows a still picture within an Citrix-Session. Anyone had similar experiences and have a solution for this behaviour?
Hello, what webcam model and vendor are you using? Do you tried the webcam testing tool in the IGEL OS?
Webcam works fine in IGEL Tool, we already used different Webcam Models (Creative and Logitech).
Did you activate the HDX Multimedia and HDX Webcam and not using native USB redirection?
Are you using Skype for Business?
Yes HDX /w Webcam redirection is used but Real Time Media is not checked in IGEL Profile. No other combination got the webcam to work. However, RealTime Optimization is installed on RSH and Skype is used. Webcam works in Sype and 32bit Browser but only delivers still picture. We already tested an wide variety of Webcam settings in IGEL profile, no changes to behaviour so far.
Skype or Skype for Business? RTME only works and optimizes traffic if S4B is used.
Can you export the device setting and PM me?
The problem obviousily came from using the Applicance Mode. A classic Self-Service or Browser-Session worked now.
Perfect – the Appliance Mode is a “quick and dirty” way to secure the screen and offer access to the apps/desktop.
But I recommend to secure the IGEL desktop with a lockdown profile so you’re much more flexible for upcoming changes!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Webcam is showing only still picture on IGEL UD3 / IGEL OS 11.03.110 within a Citrix session’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?