Hi all, We are using iGel software on Dynabooks. We have Chromium and Firefox installed, The problem we are facing right now is that Slack isnt working correctly. Webcam stays black when calling also when the screen is shared the image stays black. When you go in the option menu from slack the webcam works correctly. Does anyone has any tips?
Hi Kjeld, which IGEL OS are you using?
One problem I can image is that slack is willing to use an enormous permanent site storage. E.g. my current slack storage for this community is an incredibly 1.1G large in the meantime. That could be a problem with cramming this into the firefox profile partition which is only some 45MB on IGEL OS. Don’t know if slack easly can do without using up that much storage and run smoothly.
Did you try using the slack cp?
We are using 11.05.120.
Ah the storage is a good thing to check! I will check that!
We did install the CP this week but the application is corrupt after installation. But the CP is our last option.
To make sure I was refering use in local the (firefox) browser and I think the CP would be better option in regard to the storage requirements. But I haven’t tried the Slack CP myself.
I’m doing some testing on the CP for Slack — here is the link to it
Got it to work with te CP, thanks for the help
Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Webcam stays black when calling also when the screen is shared the image stays black using Slack from IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS