I’m new to using iGEL and have a question regarding firmware updates. We have an igel device plugged in at a client site which is needing a firmware update in order to apply chromium browser policy to it. The issue is that the device is leveraging ICG to connect to UMS since it is connected to client’s network with no Site to Site VPN or anything connecting them back to our companies network.
Because of this i get an error when i try to click on device in USM -> Update & snapshot commands -> Update
it cannot resolve host which is a server on our domain/network.
What are my options to perform firmware update on the device in this case?
You’ll need to setup an external FTP server for pushing out firmware updates/Custom Partitions for ICG devices
For this, setup external facing file services (https, ftp, sftp, etc) to deploy files.
Details are here –> kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/firmware-update-32871518.html
also a possibility “Updating the Firmware using a USB Storage Device” kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/updating-the-firmware-using-a-usb-storage-device-32870421.html
And last but not least the FirmwareUpdate Guide: Step by step😄
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What are my options for updating IGEL OS firmware over IGEL ICG?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?