I’m new to using iGEL and have a question regarding firmware updates. We have an igel device plugged in at a client site which is needing a firmware update in order to apply chromium browser policy to it. The issue is that the device is leveraging ICG to connect to UMS since it is connected to client’s network with no Site to Site VPN or anything connecting them back to our companies network.
Because of this i get an error when i try to click on device in USM -> Update & snapshot commands -> Update
it cannot resolve host which is a server on our domain/network.
What are my options to perform firmware update on the device in this case?
You’ll need to setup an external FTP server for pushing out firmware updates/Custom Partitions for ICG devices
For this, setup external facing file services (https, ftp, sftp, etc) to deploy files.
Details are here –> kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/firmware-update-32871518.html
also a possibility “Updating the Firmware using a USB Storage Device” kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/updating-the-firmware-using-a-usb-storage-device-32870421.html
And last but not least the FirmwareUpdate Guide: Step by step😄
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What are my options for updating IGEL OS firmware over IGEL ICG?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR