I been research the available information about Configure Microsoft IIS FTP as the Firmware Repository, but I can’t find information pertaining to CPU, Memory, disk space, I/O, etc. requirements. We are looking to support 4 or more thousand devices and I want to make sure I have something designed to handle the volume when we have to push FIRMware updates. Can anyone help me please?
I don‘t have a specific recommendation tbh. but from former projects I can share the following:
• vCPUs are more relevant than RAM on serving FTP. So I would start with at least 2-4 vCPUs
• RAM for a Windows Server 4-8GB should be fine
• Disk space: it depends a bit from the amount of firmwares / CPs you want to archive, but 20GBs should be a healthy approach
The most important question: are you sure that 4K endpoints will download the Firmwares at the same time? I would say, that having a Firmware deployed on Shutdown should load balance the Update process by itself…
@member didn’t you find with some customers that Buddy Update was a great way of load balancing fimrware updates as well?
It might, but I had too much mis-using/understandings on some enterprise projects to declare it as a pure loadbalancing.
Thanks for the information :)✔️
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What are the CPU, Memory, disk space, I/O, etc. requirements for Microsoft IIS FTP as the IGEL OS Firmware Repository?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?