Are there any other SQL Server requirements for a new environment (external DB in an AlwaysOn AG) outside of SQL version? Our standard SQL builds are 2 vCPU/8GB RAM. Any estimates on DB sizing, too?
Yes, please don’t use active directory user for the DB login process (even if it’s mandantory for the dynamic loadbalancing of Microsoft), use a local SA User.
On the sizing, here is, what I follow:
The following numbers are a rough estimation about the disk usages of UMS database elements:
calculate 10-14 MB per firmware
~100 KB per profile (depends on number of activated parameters)
~100 KB per thin client (depends on number of activated parameters)
UMS internal logging (event messages, log messages, job executions, shared workplace login history, admin task history, ..) increase over time
Other factores affecting the database size
Database log files: the size of the database log file vary over time any may increase to several 100 MBs during excessive database operations (e.g. ‘Remove unused firmwares’)
When you say to use a local SA user, are you referring to the datasource connection? I was going to create the DB following these instructions, right down to the local account: kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.02/en/connecting-microsoft-sql-server-cluster-16458902.html
Perfect! That‘s what we need!
Before I submit my request to our build team, I’ve seen both 2 vCPU/4 GB RAM and 4 vCPU/8 GB RAM suggested for UMS servers. If we’re going with two load-balanced UMS servers, is 2/4 going to be sufficient for small/medium sized implementations? I doubt we’ll get anywhere near 1000 endpoints, but I can’t rule it out.
I would go for 2vCPUs and 8Gb Ram. That would make more sense to me, since we are allocating more Memory since the brand new 6.03.100.
Much appreciated, as always!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What are the SQL Server requirements for a new IGEL UMS environment?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”