What controls whether UMS thinks a device is still updating? I have a remote device that I applied new firmware to, it downloaded, it rebooted, and now is showing the new version in UMS. However, the icon is still showing it is updating and the tool tip when hovering the mouse over the device name shows “- updating” at the end.
It’s been rebooted and shutdown multiple times and doesn’t try to re-update each time (the profile to apply the update is set to apply on shutdown).
UMS version: 6.04.110
New Firmware version: 11.03.530
If you shadow the device (or SSH to it), what happens when issuing
in CLI and hitting F5 in UMS after that?
Last two thoughts:
you could check in /tmp or /wfs/rmjobs/
if they are some files starting with update, after moving them to another folder, reboot.
Did you tried yo force an update (not on shutdown) directly again?
I will look into those items. Thanks
Reboot of UMS server fixed it.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What controls whether the IGEL UMS thinks a device is still updating? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS