Does anyone know what distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on. I am being asked. I want to say SUSE but not sure.
I believe it is Ubuntu based off of the release notes. An example of an older release note www.igel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/lx_10.01.120.txt
It’s Ubuntu 16.04 in the recent LX10 and OS11 releases. I believe in the future there will be an upgrade to 18.04
I thought that the OS11 release was for the upgrade to 1804, based on something I heard in a call, but I might not be remembering correctly. Regarding the kernel itself, I’m not sure whether Igel uses a (at least modified) Ubuntu kernel or configures/compiles their own — I wouldn’t be surprised if they used a custom kernel.
If you run the following commands on an IGEL device you’ll get the Ubuntu version and kernel version:
Ubuntu version = cat /etc/os-release (look for value of version id)
Linux Kernel = cat /proc/version (look for Linux version)
Long story short, Ubuntu for v11.x is still at 16.04 and Kernel version is 4.19.85
At first it was planned to use Ubuntu 18.04 in firmware 11.03.x but it got re-scheduled.
Continue reading and comment on ‘What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS