Something with Windows Firewall is blocking a load balancer from being populated into an HA cluster. I verified this in a test environment. I have opened inbound 8443, 9080, 30001, 30002, 30005, and 61616 and still no load balancer in the cluster. Am I missing a port? Do any outbound connection firewall ports need to be opened?
Tried turning off the firewall as a test and ensure it’s all working correctly? This will verify if it’s the load balancer, firewall or server.
No easy way to do this in production as the firewall is locked by GPO. But I was able to replicate the issue in our test environment and load balancer appeared in UMS once firewalls were disabled
Have a look in the firewall log file, it will say what’s been allowed or blocked.
Should i be searching for a specific port in the log? I was digging through them on both UMS and Load Balancer server and nothing was jumping out at me
These are all of the UMS ports:
Found the issue. UDP 6155 needs to be open. This is not in the official documentation and the document may need to be updated. The second I opened this port on the load balancer it popped into the UMS console.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What firewall ports are required for our load balancer from being populated into an HA cluster?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?