Something with Windows Firewall is blocking a load balancer from being populated into an HA cluster. I verified this in a test environment. I have opened inbound 8443, 9080, 30001, 30002, 30005, and 61616 and still no load balancer in the cluster. Am I missing a port? Do any outbound connection firewall ports need to be opened?
Tried turning off the firewall as a test and ensure it’s all working correctly? This will verify if it’s the load balancer, firewall or server.
No easy way to do this in production as the firewall is locked by GPO. But I was able to replicate the issue in our test environment and load balancer appeared in UMS once firewalls were disabled
Have a look in the firewall log file, it will say what’s been allowed or blocked.
Should i be searching for a specific port in the log? I was digging through them on both UMS and Load Balancer server and nothing was jumping out at me
These are all of the UMS ports:
Found the issue. UDP 6155 needs to be open. This is not in the official documentation and the document may need to be updated. The second I opened this port on the load balancer it popped into the UMS console.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What firewall ports are required for our load balancer from being populated into an HA cluster?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”