Could anyone share an example of what goes in DHCP option 43 if using the approach outlined here kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.05/en/registering-devices-automatically-31599395.html
Just in case, did you created a Vendor Class in your DHCP Server? and which kind of OS are you using?
I haven’t created a Vendor Class in DHCP. Do I need to? And I don’t know what OS DHCP is running on. I use a web portal to access my WAN providers DHCP service. This allows me to configure entries.
This isn’t a ‘how’ question. I’E I’m not asking how to configure DHCP option 43. I’m trying to work out what needs to go in the otion.
If my UMS server was called ‘igelums01’ and was on IP 192.168.0.1 then I think I would set option 224 to “192.168.0.1” (a string), but option 224 is not available to me.
So, as option 43 is used to send option 224, I’m guessing I set option 43 to 3139322e3136382e302e31 (the hex of 192.168.0.1)
option 43 ascii “IpOFYourUMS”
would fit better. If only Hex isavailable: the the HEx of your UMS IP.
So the hex would be C0A80001 not 311932…. ?
If C0A80001 is your UMS IP, it should yes.
Thanks, will try it when I’m back in the office
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What goes in DHCP option 43 for registering IGEL OS devices automatically?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive