Hi, what happen on IGEL UD3-LX OS 11 if WE and EMP licences expire? Device is usable but new UMS configuration is blocked?
Device will be usable but:
The device license will not be able to be reassigned to another device. Update/upgrade won’t be possible. The support team won’t be able to assist if needed and the ‘missed’ maintenance will be backdated when you next renew it for WE
Hopefully I didn’t forget anything🙂
Thank you for the reply, It’s clear! See you soon (on virtual meeting ;))
Will Features like ICG still work for this Client when expired?
Hi, the ICG feature is part of the EMP license (not the workspace edition).
My understanding is that this would stop working until renewed, the devices will work but won’t be manageable via ICG.
If the EMP licence expires you have only limited management abilities for the device. You cannot update the configuration for example but if I remember correctly some functions like rebooting still work.
Is there a way to disable message information about licence expiration? it’s anoying for users
Hello, it is not officially ‘Igel supported’ but you could try this kb.igel.com/licensesmore-igelos11/en/emp-license-expiration-message-how-to-get-rid-of-it-24391359.html
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What happen on IGEL OS 11 licences expire? Device is usable but new UMS configuration is blocked?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?