This might sound like a dumb question. Image I have IGEL Workspace Edition licenses in my activation portal. UMS is connected and delivers Workspace Edition licenses to my OS 11 clients.
But what exactly happens if an Workspace Edition license pack expires and the customer refuses/forgets to buy a renewal? Will the clients stop working immediately? Next reboot? Is there a grace period?
Or only if I try to install a new OS version that came out after the license expires?
No, the OS license is a perpetual license so the firmware will keep working. I don’t recall whether there is a license expired message or not, I think there is
> Or only if I try to install a new OS version that came out after the license expires?
You won’t be able to update to any firmware released after the expiry date of the license.
Yep, subscription pays for updates to UMS/Firmware and SELECT support. So if the license expires you can no longer upgrade and you will not receive support. 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What happens if an IGEL Workspace Edition license pack expires and the customer refuses/forgets to buy a renewal?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS