Which is the best method for a customer to do a demo of IGEL OS11 on a virtual machine? Needs he to use Deployment Appliance or is there any easiest way?
Is there any way to install OS11 on a USB stick to boot from it? Simulating an UDpocket.
Thanks to all
Hi, beside a UDP? I would download the OSC (fwu.igel.com/files/IGEL_OS_11/OSC/OSC_11.03.110.zip) extract the ISO, boot a VM from it and install the UDC inside the VM.
As alternativ prepare a USB Stick with the OSC, boot from it, connect a second USB Stick, select is as a target during the conversion and boot after the conversion from the second stick. The license will still be bounded to that MAC, but that would a UDP for the this device
Why not simple order a test UDP?
Thanks, Lars, but customer needs to do the tests today and cannot wait to receive UDP or format any disk to install it.
Sebastien, I didn ́t remember that OSC includes .iso file. Many thanks for the tip.
Hello @member you can extract the OSC-.zip-File. It’s an iso.-File in there.
Download the IGEL Getting Started Guide and follow the steps, you can deploy everything in a virtual environment. www.igelcommunity.com/igel-getting-started-guide
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the best method for a customer to do a demo of IGEL OS11 on a virtual machine?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS