Has anyone ever downgraded the UMS., for example, hypothetically, if a new version did not work as expected? Does it require restoring the database (because of changes in the schema) or anything like that? I have never needed to do it, nor do I foresee needing to do so, but an internal questionnaire asks about it.
Yes, and it‘s a pain… The best way IMHO is to restore a Backup from your Embedded DB or SQL. To be clear: it will mostly work to downgrade but in some specific steps (like on major DB Updates) not
Easiest way is to create backup of db and snapshot of the ums vm at the same time – if you then have an error you can revert to both of them. But make sure you don’t deploy any igel clients in the meantime – as they would be unknown after the reset
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the best way to downgrade the IGEL UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS