Question – I’m trying to understand the best way to remote to IGEL OS devices in our company internally and externally. We have created an “Shadowing” Profile that we added to our IGEL OS devices when we need to perform the VNC connection. But it requires an reboot to successfully to apply. My question is there any negatives to have this “Shadowing” Profile applied to all our devices all the time? Also is there a better method to remote to an IGEL OS device? Thanks for your time 🙂
when you say externally: are we speaking of devices on devices connected through Igel Cloud Gateway or directly with the UMS?
I would go for Secure Shadowing instead:
No negatives, 99% of our customers are letting that setting all the time, I would check that
Prompt user to allow remote session
Btw. You can apply profiles directly:
Just select „now“ when applying the profile in UMS, but be aware that it might logoff the user working on that endpoint.
Thanks for the great information Sebastien! Yes when I said External we are using our ICG to connect to them.
Then: you only use the Secure Shadowing since the normal one isn‘t even allowed.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the best way to remote to IGEL OS devices in our company internally and externally?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS