What is the best way to rename the UD Pockets automatically? (Prefix+UUID)
You mean automatically? A way could be to use the Autorenaming with Naming convention could help (even if it doesn’t cover the UNIT ID).
The other approach could be a script like described here:
Thank you for that. Do you know what happens when you enable the Adjust Names of Devices setting? Is there a visible notification on the IGEL?
It’s a system wide setting so can’t test it based on a directory
Sure! It only applies to new devices (freshly registered), old ones don‘t get touched (until you click rename all devices).
Selecting the “Adjust UMS-internal names if network name has been changed” doesn’t enable the “Rename all device” options. I’m curious to know the impact of that setting
That means that if selected, the device will rename his name (the name showed in UMS, together with his online state) as soon it‘s rebooted (1-3 times).
The standard local Hostname is usually ITCMacAddress but this gets changed locally or DHCP a.e. it would reflect in UMS too.
Gotcha. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the best way to rename the UD Pockets automatically? (Prefix+UUID)’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?