What is the best way to renew an expired EMP license that is out in the field? Simply remove the client as a licensed device in UMS (remove old license file), and then add the MAC address into the new license file?
What i discovered, that the IGEL client will check – on bootup or when new settings are pushed – what licenses are available. if theres a one with a later experation date than it already has, it applies it. I haven’t seen any diverence with WE or EMP regarding this yet.
I would just add the Unit to the new EMP and import it into the UMS (because our UMS doesn’t speak with the license portal).
Hope that helps 🙂
@member Thanks – that’s what I thought. One of these days we will get UMS to talk to licensing portal. hint, hint….
If no ALD is in use, that is the way, with ALD there are some other options
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the best way to renew an expired IGEL EMP license that is out in the field?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?