Hi. Can anyone explain the difference between these log in types as I can’t find a good explanation anywhere. Namely the ‘password authentication’ and ‘Citrix Authentication Mechanism’.
Hi, to make it simple Password authentification is a Igel mechanism that looks like citrix but isn‘t, the Citrix ones is the original one. If you want to sync the Screensaver password between Citrix and the local one, as an example, you would need the igel ones (password authentification). If you need 2FA, I would go for a browser Session or the Citrix mechanism.
@member – many thanks for the explanation. I’ve got a strange issue that when I use the ‘Citrix Authentication Method’, I log in, then get presented with the log on box again. When I try the 2nd time it works fine. Any ideas on that please ?
@member which fimrware version are using?
How does it perform when opening a Web Browser Session from the Igel OS? Does it work then without a second login?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the difference between ‘password authentication’ and ‘Citrix Authentication Mechanism’ login type on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?