i ́ve a question regarding profile system registry settings of x.drivers:
Customer has AMD ATI Radeon onboard graphic cards, which are round about 7 years old. The Costumer has a lot of session freezes and sometimes also session aborts with a black screen in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI environment version 1903 and NVIDIA GPU M10. The Igel Support mentioned to check some configured drivers, e.g. graphic.
What is the difference between the AMDGPU section (within x.drivers in the Registry) and the ATI configurable section regarding the used driver for dri (x.drivers.ati.force_dri3)? Both are from AMD.
The customer is testing now with the new OS 11 firmware 11.03.110 and selected Workspace App version 1912. Maybe someone has a few recommendations?
Hello, they affect different drivers, so it depends on which driver the card is using. So, if the card is using the ATI driver it will be affected by the ATI changes, and if it is using the AMD driver, it will affect those.
It shouldn’t hurt to set both and cover both bases.
thanks a lot for the explenation. Then I will set both.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the difference between the AMDGPU section and the ATI configurable section regarding the used driver for dri? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”