I am trying to find the location where the bookmarks are stored. We have a custom partition chrome version 76. If i can find this location, I can add standard bookmarks for our colleagues who are using this Custom Partition.
Please check this Thread, it should cover your need (hopefully):
🙂, Hi Sebastien, last time it works, but the default location has changed (the earlier solution doesn’t work anymore)
Oh, got it! Sorry, don‘t have the CP with me but is maybe some directory created after the first start of Chrome? Did Google gave something back? Not in the office atm…
I’s searching in Google, but no luck sofar. I’ve tried to locate the file “Bookmark” on my system, but maybe I’ve run the wrong LS command for finding this file…
No hurry, if you have a couple of minutes somewhere this week it will be great.
Find the default location for the bookmark file, but cannot copy a general bookmark file (checksum ?)
I’ve created the Default map in Chrome, added the file Bookmarks to the CP, but no result. It looks like it is encrypted. Is there another option to push default Bookmarks?
tried to place the file in de chrome-stable directory, same result….
It worked…. you cannot use the export from chrome. And in the new version, you have to use the following location: /custom/google-chrome-stable/userhome/.config/google-chrome/Default/Bookmarks
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the location bookmarks are stored on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”