What is the max amount of concurrent upgrades from UMS that’s recommended? We are looking to target 40-50 from 11.3.500 to 11.4.240 concurrently. TIA
Found this item –> kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.06/en/performance-optimizations-37281931.html
The file server that you are using for firmware updates may need to be tuned for number of connections.
Buddy update can also be used for sites –> kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/buddy-update-32871519.html
Honestly, the best thing to do would be to offload it to an FTP or file server with enough resources to handle it.
I know the UMS has the capability to use HTTP for the upgrades. Won’t we see slower upgrade times if we use a TFP server?
only 40-50 devices? You can do 1000 at the same time, thats no problem – only need to extend
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the max amount of concurrent upgrades from IGEL UMS that’s recommended?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”