I see that the terminal command vainfo is no longer an option in later versions of firmware (11.05.x ?). What is the command that replaced vainfo ?
With that command I receive, “cannot connect to X server”
Not sure if it matters but this device is a UD2
It needs a DISPLAY setting. If you ssh into it, it hasn’t one:
ah, OK, so I need to run this command on the endpoint itself and not through remote shell
You can, but there must be a DISPLAY running and you have to specify it, like written.
It might still depend on the GPU type. Not sure if all have vdpauinfo, try also vainfo with the DISPLAY specified.
I receive this
what does cat /config/XServer/card0 give?
Hi Jo, running that command gives me this,
Looks like your hwva partition (Hardware Video Acceleration) is missing
Just checked with an intel hw. It’s still vainfo on intel.
Is this normal for a UD2 (M250C)?
No valid license maybe?
Or feature by accident switched off?
License should be good. Probably feature turned off. Any hints on such a feature?
Thank you. I do not have this feature enabled (which explains it!). Not sure why I don’t, but I’ll enable on my test unit.
That did it! vainfo now showing me all the stuff of interest I was seeking. Thank you again!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the new name for the command ‘vainfo’ as it changed in Igel OS 11.05?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?