I see that the terminal command vainfo is no longer an option in later versions of firmware (11.05.x ?). What is the command that replaced vainfo ?
With that command I receive, “cannot connect to X server”
Not sure if it matters but this device is a UD2
It needs a DISPLAY setting. If you ssh into it, it hasn’t one:
ah, OK, so I need to run this command on the endpoint itself and not through remote shell
You can, but there must be a DISPLAY running and you have to specify it, like written.
It might still depend on the GPU type. Not sure if all have vdpauinfo, try also vainfo with the DISPLAY specified.
I receive this
what does cat /config/XServer/card0 give?
Hi Jo, running that command gives me this,
Looks like your hwva partition (Hardware Video Acceleration) is missing
Just checked with an intel hw. It’s still vainfo on intel.
Is this normal for a UD2 (M250C)?
No valid license maybe?
Or feature by accident switched off?
License should be good. Probably feature turned off. Any hints on such a feature?
Thank you. I do not have this feature enabled (which explains it!). Not sure why I don’t, but I’ll enable on my test unit.
That did it! vainfo now showing me all the stuff of interest I was seeking. Thank you again!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the new name for the command ‘vainfo’ as it changed in Igel OS 11.05?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?